A professional secretary or personal assistant is the hub of a well-run office and the reason for the success of many organisations or business people. He or she needs to be able to multi-task while functioning in several different roles. A handbook, designed as a ready-reference manual, and the practical training sessions will assist attendees to apply these skills and alert them to the importance of their various roles.
This course is for any individual, who is already in a secreterial position, personal assistant or would like to start a career in a secreterial position. Secretaries, administrators and young individuals who want to start a career, will benefit from this course.
The content of this course is based on unit standards 13928 Monitor and control reception area, 7790 Process incoming and outgoing telephone calls and 242811 Prioritise time and work for self and team. This course is based on an NQF level 4.
- Etiquette, dress code and professionalism
- Time management and communication skills
- Reception responsibilities and telephone procedures
- Stationery and asset management
- Business writing and short business communications (faxes, email, letters, memoranda)
- Information retrieval and sorting
- Checklists, procedures, planning and organising
- Enquiries and appointments: the do’s and don’ts
- Meetings: planning and catering
- Stress management
- Public relations is customer service
- Security and disturbances within the office, emergency, fire and other procedures
- Create a task list
- Prioritise personal and team tasks
- Use and maintain a diary
- Implement and maintain personal and team task lists
Duration: 3 full days
Dates: Full day 13 – 15 March ’17
Time: Start at 9:00 and Finish at 17:00
Total cost: R 3900 p.p.
Venue: Montana Sports Grounds, 806 Besembiesie Road, Montana Park, Pretoria
Included: Training manual and lunch
Certificate: Certificate of completion
Reserve your seat now by filling out our online form on the following link: Booking form.
For more information, or to make a group booking, please contact the Training Administrator, Mandi, on +27 87 980 0447 or email her email@example.com.
Corpro SA is Associated with FET College – Tshwane Institute of Technology:
- A private Further Education and Training college registered at the Department of Education (provisional registration: 2016/FE07/003) committed to enabling and empowering individual learners to make positive contributions to their organisations
- A provider of both customised and generic training
- Accredited provisionally with confirmed candidate status by Umalusi (provisional accreditation: FET00033PA)
- SASSETA Accreditation number: 07197003976
You can now request to be notified of other dates for this course by filling in our online request form on the following link: Request A Different Date